Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Beltran Ready

According to MLB.com, Beltran's back and ready to produce for the Mets.

"It was a very difficult year," Beltran said. "Last year is in the past. This year, I'm looking forward to a new season and showing the fans and everyone what I'm capable of doing."...Acknowledging that there were times that he wondered, "Why is this happening to me?", Beltran said his religious faith brought him to see the positives in the season.

Yes. Why me indeed? Poor me and my 1/8 of a billion dollars!

Way to overcome adversity Carlos. Glad to have you back.


3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Way to set low expectations. At that standard, he has no choice but to be a success.

Wednesday, February 22, 2006  
Anonymous Matt said...

Here's my Mets comment--Minaya should be on the phone with the Nationals trying to get Soriano. That whole 2B/OF situation in WAS is ugly--let's take advantage!

Thursday, February 23, 2006  
Blogger Tony Park said...

The Mets should go after Polanco. they need another low-OBP, high-K, low-BB, two-hole hitter like i need another rock hitting my windshield.

Friday, February 24, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

"I've had a pretty good success facing Stan (Musial) by throwing him my best pitch and backing up third base."
- Carl Erskine